In this lesson we will be extending our previous Co Ordination Exercise to include 16th notes. These exercises will obviously be twice as fast as all eighth note exercises so you should be prepared to spend some time building up speed.
Right Hand – Right Foot.
Left Hand – Right Foot.
Right Hand – Left Foot.
Left Hand – Left Foot.
- Learn all exercises at a tempo of at least 120bpm.
- Combine all four exercises to create a four bar long pattern.
- Experiment with different orchestrations.
Combining Note Values Exercise
It can be useful when working on building up speed in this exercise to switch from playing a bar of eighth notes to playing a bar of 16th notes. That would look like this:
Hands and right foot
Hands and left foot
- Learn exercises 5 and 6 at a tempo of at least 130bpm.
- Experiment with reversing the pattern, so starting each exercise on a foot rather than a hand.