Through this page you will be learning some more paradiddle feet ostinati, this time these willl be built based on level 0 grooves. To achieve this, the hands will play the standard paradiddle as usual whilst the right foot plays the kick part you would expect. The back beat snares on counts 2 and 4 are then siumulated on the left foot. These movements can be difficult underneath the slightly more complicated paradiddle sticking, it is important to make play the parts through slowly at first making sure each foot lines up with the appropriate hand.
At the bottom of the page you will find a list of links you may find useful when learning these parts. When you have worked through the list below, try creating your own versions. You could also try placing accents on counts 2 and 4 to further emphasize the back beat.
- Using the 2 minute rule, get all 7 exercises up to a tempo of at least 130bpm.
- Accent the 2 and 4 counts on the snare.
- Use more groove ideas to create more foot patterns.
- Combine multiple exercises to create longer patterns.
- Orchestrate the parts using various different concepts.