Speeding up the previous independence exercises by using thirty second notes then combining with sixteenth notes.
In this lesson we will be extending our previous Co Ordination Exercises to include demi semi quavers. These exercises will obviously be twice as fast as all sixteenth note exercises so you should be prepared to spend some time building up speed.
Right Hand – Right Foot.
Left Hand – Right Foot.
Right Hand – Left Foot.
Left Hand – Left Foot.
- Learn all exercises at a tempo of at least 100bpm.
- Combine all four exercises to create a four bar long pattern.
- Experiment with different orchestrations.
Combining Note Values Exercise
It can be useful when working on building up speed in this exercise to switch from playing a bar of eighth note triplets to playing a bar of 16th note triplets. That would look like this:
Hands and right foot
Hands and left foot
- Learn exercises 5 and 6 at a tempo of at least 120bpm.
- Experiment with reversing the pattern, so starting each exercise on a foot rather than a hand.