In this lesson you will learn some fulll bar fills in 6/8 that follow a specific 16th note rhythm. The rhythm and orchestrations used will be similar to those in other 16th groupings lessons but you will be exploring one rhythm a little more in depth. At the bottom of the page you will find a collection of links to other lessons you may find useful when learning these parts.
The rhythm you will be following for all fills on this page is shown below. I have included counting and sticking to clarify how the part is intended to be played.
This is a fairly basic pattern but spend a moment ensuring all note placements are accurate. In the list of parts below that same rhythm has been orchestrated around the kit in several different ways. Use this as inspiration to create further fills that fit more with your playing style. When you are comfortable with the given fills try combining them with a bar of groove.
- Learn the examples shown.
- Combine all fills with a bar of groove. Ensure the transition from groove to fill is smooth.
- Create your own variations on each concept.
- Add the fills into a structured pattern.
- Experiment with different lengths of fill in this time signature.