In this lesson you will be taking the Dragadiddle played as sixteenth notes and will be adding quarter note feet underneath, in the same way you have with many previous rudiments. All exercises shown below will be very similar to other lessons on this subject applied to different rudiments. It is important to combine them with the new rudiment as the way the hands and feet work together can be very different.
As I suggest with most exercise, use a metronome and start each exercise slowly before building up tempo. You need to make sure the placement of all strokes is accurate before you can start increasing speed. At the bottom of the page you will find a list of links to other lessons you may find useful on this subject.
- Using the 2 minute rule, get all exercises up to a tempo of at least 120bpm with good hand technique.
- Use both standard and reverse sticking with each exercise.
- Create your own feet patterns for the exercises.
- Play all 6 exercises as a continuous 6 bar pattern, then repeat.
- Experiment with orchestrating the rudiment over each given foot pattern.